IP Guides for Vietnam
Recordal of Assignment
Minimum-required Contents of an Assignment Agreement
1. The identity of the Assignor and Assignee;
2. Details of the IP objects to be assigned;
3. Price of the assignment and mode of payment;
4. Rights and obligations of each party;
5. Conditions for amendment, termination and invalidation of the Agreement;
6. Method for settlement of disputes;
7. Date and place of signing;
8. Signatures of the authorized representatives of each party.
Documents Required for Recordal of an Assignment Agreement
1. Two (2) originals or two (2) certified copies of the signed Assignment Agreement;
2. Original Patent(s) of Invention/Utility Solution/Industrial Design or original Certificate(s) of Registration of Trademark;
3. A notarized copy of Business Licence/Investment Licence if the Assignee is a Vietnamese entity;
4. A signed Power of Attorney from the Assignee or Assignor.
- The Assignment Agreement must be recorded with the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam (NOIP) to be legally effective and enforceable in Vietnam.
- The request for recordal of the Assignment Agreement should be submitted within 60 days from the signing date.
- If the Agreement is executed in English only, the Vietnamese translation of the Agreement is required. The Vietnamese translation must be certified by a Notary Public in Vietnam. Vision & Associates can provide translation service.
- A standard form of Assignment Agreement containing minimum-required provisions will be provided upon request.